The Benefits of Membership - What OPA Can Do for You!
- Continuing Education
The Oregon Psychological Association (OPA) is a professional not-for-profit association whose purpose is to advance psychology as a science and a profession in order to promote human knowledge and welfare, to foster and maintain high standards of practice and to make information available about psychology.
OPA is comprised of psychologists and associates that advocate for psychology on local, state and national issues affecting both the profession and the world we live in. OPA functions through the active volunteer work of our membership.
To view a full copy of our membership brochure, please click here.
OPA Member Benefits Include:
• Top quality continuing education opportunities featuring nationally known speakers, as an APA approved sponsor
• Complimentary legal consultations
• Complimentary ethics consultations
• Complimentary diversity issue consultations
• Web based referral program
• Powerful legislative advocacy
• Access to colleagues via our email listserv for networking and information sharing
• Extensive on-line membership directory for networking and referrals
• Annual conference
• Networking and practice building opportunities
• Practice management coaching
• Involvement on OPA committees
• Newsletter with quality and timely information regarding the profession
• Student mentoring
• Public outreach highlighting psychology and what psychologists do
• Contact with the American Psychological Association and the Oregon Board of Psychologist Examiners regarding psychologist concerns
• Exciting career connections
• Discounted rates for OPA events
• Diversity through regional chapters and town hall meetings
Joining OPA empowers you!
WHAT MEMBERS ARE SAYING ABOUT OPA
“The listserv is a phenomenal resource for finding immediate assistance for obscure services for our patients.”
“Having thirty minutes of free legal advice per year is enough to save you from many sleepless nights.”
“OPA membership provides an opportunity to make a difference in your professional community.”
“I have met my favorite psychologists by working together on an OPA committee.”
“Thanks to the listserv, wonderful staff support, continuing education opportunities and committee work, OPA is the best family a professional psychologist could ever have."
“OPA guides you to do the right thing - for your clients, for the community, and for yourself.”